Business Development Associate
With over a 110 years of winning on the field we are the recognized elite rugby brand and looking to recruit new professionals to join our Los Angeles based sales team. We are group of athletes and sports enthusiasts who are driven by success, a common belief in driving growth of the game and a team that wins together to ensure our brand remains #1.
If you are an experienced sales professional then this Business Development role may be just what you need. We are searching for a motivated, passionate, sports minded person with a high level of professionalism who is extremely result driven.
We will arm you with the best rugby apparel in the world and tools to help you garner success in the market and the company.
You will join an energetic, driven, passionate, hardworking team with a vision of greatness!
Your key role will be to grow our customer base and present new opportunities for the brand within and outside of the rugby arena. You will be responsible for coordinating and implementing business development strategies across the company’s target market. This is a hands-on entrepreneurial role which requires the ability to build strong customer relationships. In addition, we are looking for an individual with exceptional communication skills and the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
Core Competencies and Responsibilities
- Strategic planning is a key part of this job description, since it’s the business development associates responsibility to develop a pipeline of new business coming into the company.
- Proficiency using computer and software programs. Our internal CRM will be essential to your success. Updating and maintaining our CRM database and internal ordering system daily.
- Relationship builder. You must develop a rapport with new clients through email and phone contact primarily and create regular call cycles to follow up.
- Willingness to prospect new customers by cold calling, networking and/or other means of generating interest for national clientele while based out of our head office in Los Angeles, California.
- Close new business by coordinating requirements; developing and negotiating new sales or partnership terms.
- Represent the company at events and travel to various tournaments, conferences and key industry games and events to support our partners and generate new business opportunities.
- The ability to deal with wide range of people across the industry.
- Strong business acumen, communication and administrative skills.
- Strong understanding and presentation skills about our products and services and the ability scale opportunities using that understanding.
- A strong focus on detail and excellent follow through.
- Provide a customer service focus of excellence.
- Use knowledge of the market and competitors to identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiations.
You will be mentored by our leadership team, and have daily interaction with our Director of Sales. As your knowledge and experience of the business grows the job specification will continue to evolve according to the needs of the team/company and your impact.
Employees benefit from an incentive based program that recognizes results. Leverage your talents and your network of friends and athletes to earn extra money and really be a part of the rugby culture and our team. To learn more about our products and heritage visit us online at http://canterburyus.com/
Interested to find out more? Contact us via email and include your resume and a short supporting letter about yourself at firstname.lastname@example.org.